So tell me if this happens to you… It’s after dinner, and you’re not exactly hungry, but you need *something*. Well, not *need*, but whatever. You look around the cupboards, you open the fridge. There are some nice apples in the crisper… Yeah, not cutting it. You want chocolate. But you have none. Yeah sure, you have your chocolate lip balm, but I told you not to eat that and now you’re bummed. And that makes me sad. And all that is just kinda dumb, because I have a super easy recipe that will get something chocolaty in your hands in like 3 minutes, and we’re just wasting time chit chatting about sadness when we could be eating chocolate stuff. Right? Or course I’m right.
Odds are, you might have these four things kicking around your kitchen right now:
– 1/2 cup of coconut (I use unsweetened but sweetened will work too)
– 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (carob powder could work too if that’s all you’ve got)
– 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (this is sort of optional, if you have it, for sure use it. If not, you can try butter or just skip it altogether)
– 1 1/2 tablespoons honey* (or maple syrup, agave, even corn syrup – paleo peeps reading this – don’t judge!) *This part is kind of done to taste. You could try less, and add more as you go. And if you’re using sweetened coconut, you might need less honey. Or maybe not – depends how sweet you like things!
Now measure everything out into a small saucepan. If you’re not using any coconut oil or butter, you can put it directly into a mug, bowl, whatever.
Place the saucepan over low heat and stir everything up just long enough for the coconut oil to melt.
There, you’re done!
And now you got your chocolate fix and didn’t even need to leave the house! And if you eat it right out of the saucepan to avoid doing extra dishes, I won’t tell anyone. But it is fun to put it in something pretty and be fancy.
Need an easy to print version of this recipe? No problem – just scroll down. You’re welcome!
Looking for More Chocolate Fix Options?
- Emergency Chocolate Fix For One
- Fauxtella Chocolate Fix For One
- Easy Freezer Recipes: Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Breakfast Bars